TDN

TDN

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

2017 Pennsylvania Super Late Model Power Rankings: Week 23


Hey there folks, it's time for the late model power rankings for this week. I know, I know, it's a day late, but let me explain. I had some family in from out of town staying at my house, and I thought it'd be very rude to kinda peace them out to do this column. On top of that, I developed a pretty nasty cold, so I really wasn't feeling up to it anyways. I still feel kinda crappy, but well enough to write this up for ya'll.

But enough about me, let's talk some about late model racing. This weekend was the rare weekend where everybody who had a late model show scheduled managed to get it in, and most of it was regular shows, but there was one special this week, the Red Miley Rumble at PPMS Saturday night, and with that, there are finally no ties in the top ten, and in that top ten, seven of them scored points this week.

The lead spot in these rankings has tightened up ever so slightly, Alex Ferree has narrowed the gap to leader Jeff Rine to just thirteen points. That could get pretty interesting down the stretch, as Ferree will likely end up racing more than Rine as we move into fall specials season. I know I'm prettry pumped to see what goes down, and you should be too. Get out and see one of these upcoming specials. I personally plan on hitting the WoO show at Lernerville Saturday night and may take a ride down to West Virginia to see the Hillbilly 100 at Tyler County Sunday.

Anyways, let's go ahead and find out how the top ten did this week.

1. Jeff Rine************, 108 points. Jeff ran second at Selinsgrove Saturday.

2. Alex Ferree********, 95 points. Alex picked up the win at Lernerville Friday and came home second at PPMS Saturday.

3. Max Blair*******, 70 points. Max got the win at Eriez Sunday.

4. Coleby Frye****, 65 points. Coleby got the win at Selinsgrove Saturday.

5. Charlie Powell********, 63 points. Charlie ran fifth Friday at Thunder Mountain and took home the win at Marion Cemter Saturday.

6. Michael Lake*******, 56 points. Michael went scoreless this week.

7. Dave Hess Jr.****, 48 points. Dave ran fifth at Eriez Sunday.

8. Matt Cosner***, 47 points. Matt took an 0fer this week.

9. Doug Eck**, 46 points. Doug also had a scoreless weekend.

10. Michael Norris******, 45 points. Michael had a second at Lernerville Friday and got the big win at PPMS Saturday.

And that's the top ten for this week. Check back next Tuesday to see where your favorite ended up. Yes, I'm already stating it'll be Tuesday next week. Let's be serious here, you're going to be partying and what not on Monday, because  Labor Day and wouldn't be anxiously awaiting the point update, so I'm just putting off till Tuesday. It'll be somethig to read as you nurse your hangover.




1 comment:

  1. Charlie Powell finished 2nd @ tms Friday night.

    ReplyDelete