Hey there race fans, we've come to the end of the super late model racing season here in Pennsylvania, so that means it's time to tally up the totals and find out who the best in the state were for 2017.
We saw a year that was impacted pretty heavily by mother nature and big races (which scored extra points based on purse size). I'm not sure how much weather affected these rankings, because it sure seemed that when there was rain pretty much all the tracks rained out on a given weekend. The big races definitely affected these rankings, though, and it is reflected in the final standings, which you'll see in a little bit.
And the winner is....
Jeff Rine. And this is no real surprise. He's been at or near the top of this thing for the entire season. And what a season it was. He managed to win12 scoring races along the way, including a victory with the World of Outlaws at Selinsgrove. Even on the nights he didn't win, he had an uncanny knack of finishing in the top five, which scored him points, too. It was the kind of year most drivers dream of having, and he's done it a couple times now, considering this is now his second victory of these rankings.
It got pretty interesting down the stretch as second place Alex Ferree managed to close the gap pretty significantly the last few weeks of the season, but alas, it wasn't mean to be. this may have been affected by the rainouts just a bit, as Alex's home track Lernerville did rain out acople times on weekends that Jeff got to run.
Anyways, let's go ahead and get to them final standings. The full final standings are posted below. The amount of wins on the season will be in parenthesis after each driver's name.
1. Jeff Rine (12), 131 points.
2. Alex Ferree (10), 121 points.
3. Max Blair (7), 86 points.
4. Coleby Frye (4), 75 points.
5. Charlie Powell (8), 74 points.
6. Michael Lake (7), 65 points.
7. Jared Miley (5), 63 points.
8. Dave Hess Jr. (4); Dylan Yoder (1), 55 points.
10. Paul Kot (6), 54 points.
11. Matt Cosner (3), 51 points.
12. Michael Norris (6), 50 points.
13. Chris Farrell (5), 49 points.
14. Dan Angelicchio (4); Greg Oakes (2), 47 points.
16. Doug Eck (2), 46 points.
17. Kyle Hardy (3), 45 points.
18. Andy Haus (2), 44 points.
19. Mike Blose (4); Russ King (3), 42 points.
21. Jason Covert (1); Don O'Neal (1), 41 Points.
23. Brandon Sheppard (4), 40 points.
24. Chad Hollenbeck (2), 38 points.
25. Rick Eckert (2), 35 points.
26. Bryan Bernheisel (4); Denny Fenton, 32 points.
28. DJ Troutman (1), 31 points.
29. Chris Madden, 30 points.
30. Dave Blazavich (1), 28 points.
31. Matt Lux (1); Bob Dorman, 26 points.
33. Doug Glessner(1); Mike Marlar; Josh Richards; Shawn Claar, 25 points.
38. Hayes Mattern (3); Tim McCreadie, 24 points.
40. Greg Satterlee (1), 22 points.
41. Keith Barbara (1); Tony Adams (1), Tommy Beck, 21 points.
44. Brandon Overton (1); Gene Knaub (1); Mike Lupfer (1), 20 points.
47. Boom Briggs (2); Darrell Lanigan, 19 points.
49. Austin Hubbard (1), 18 points.
50. Gary Stuhler (1); Waylon Wagner (1); Donnie Shick (1); Rick Singleton (1); Earl Pearson Jr.; Mike Pegher Jr, 17 points.
56. Damian Bidwell (1); Tim Wilson; Jimmy Owens, 16 points.
59. Chuck Clise (1); Scott Alvetro, 15 points.
61. Colton Flinner (2), 14 points.
62. Jeff Sweeney (2); Matt Sponaugle; Devin Friese, 13 points.
65. Dave Scott (1); Rance Garlock (1); Mason Ziegler; Robbie Black, 12 points.
69. Steve Campbell; Nick Dickson; Jake Finnerty; Frank Heckenast Jr; Dan Stone, 11 points.
74. Chub Frank; Kenny Schaltenbrand; Derek Rodkey, 10 points.
77. Jim Yoder (1); Trent Brenneman (1); Billy Dickson (1); Clate Copeman; John Flinner; GR Smith; Morgan Bagley; Billy Eash; Gale Huey, 9 points.
86. Chris Hackett (1); Jake Gunn, Tim Senic; Tim Smith; Eric Wells; Brady Wonderling; Brent Rehbergen, 8 points.
93. Andrew Wylie (1); Andrew Yoder (1); Walker Arthur (1); Matt Parks; John Mollick; Ryan Montgomery; Bernie Whiteford; Kenny Schaffer; Tommy Schirnofer, 7 points.
102. Jonathan Davenport (1); Rob Blair; Kenny Moreland; Kenny Pettyjohn; Bump Hedman; Tanner Horst; Dan Smeal; Steve Sciafe Jr.; Mark Whitener; Jon Hodgkiss; Austin Berry; Jim Bernheisel; Matt Cochran, 6 points.
115. John Volpe; Keith Jackson; Danny Snyder; Darrell Bossard; Jason Witherite; Jerry Redden. 5 points.
121. Jason Schmidt; Dewayne Tanneyhill; Curtis Teats; Ken Treyvitz; Joe Martin; Dewayne Brooks; Jeremy Ohl; Trever Feathers, 4 points.
129. Wyatt Scott; Gabe Shaffer; Jon Mitchell; Gary Dalton; Steve Kania, 3 points.
134. Jason Miller; Steve Arthurs; Donnie Dotson; Daryl Hills; Rod Phillps; Brian Tavenner; Chad Wright; Jeff Tayler; Colton Burdette; Gary Lyle; Rick Tripoldi; Daryl Charlier; Andy Fries, 2 points.
146. Charlie Duncan; Dave Zona; Scott Bittenger; Bobby Roher; Duane Stiner; Rich Gardner; Chase Jughans; Devin Lewis; Chris Lander; Luke Hoffner; Tom Decker Jr.; Tom Shaffer; Nathan Lasalle; Ed Ferree; Ryan Christoff; Kyle Knapp; Dan Gill; Mike Wonderling; Clayton Kennedy; John Dobson; Doug Dodd; Matt Nailor, 1 point.
And that's all 167 drivers who managed to score some points this season. It was fun, as always to keep track of all this, and I'll defnitely be doing it again next season. If I dont't talk to you, have a great holiday season and a Happy New Year.
See ya next season!