Monday, July 17, 2017
2017 Pennsylvania Super Late Model Power Rankings: Week 17
Hey there folks, it's Monday, so that means I'm gonna update these here rankings for the week.
This week was pretty mellow as race weeks go, as most of the shows that ran were regular weekly shows. Bedford had a big payday race scheduled Friday night, but it fell victim to the weather. Dog Hollow also had rain instead of racing on Friday, but they utilized the Sunday rain date again this week.
The notable exception was PPMS, which held the first race of the new Ultimate Northeast super late model series. I know, I know, only 14 cars showed up and only one of those cars could be considered an invader, but Rome wasn't built in a day. We have had a void in regional super late model racing since the All Stars failed late model series. It'll take time and some races scheduled at tracks that don't require the biggest hammer of a motor a team has to be strapped in the car. I know there's another race scheduled at PPMS for this series next month, and I hope to see a little better support from cars, but I'm really not going to pass judgment on this potential series until a full schedule can be put together, and I've heard that's likely to happen next year.
But I digress, you read these things for the actual rankings, so let's get to 'em.
1. Jeff Rine********, 87 points. Jeff ran second Saturday night at Selinsgrove.
2. Alex Ferree*******, 74 points. Alex was second under the checkers Friday night at Lernerville and got a third at PPMS Saturday.
3. Max Blair***, 49 points. Max got the win at Eriez Sunday.
4. Dave Hess Jr. ****, 39 points. Dave came some second at Eriez Sunday.
5. Michael Lake*****, 36 points. Michael went scoreless this weekend.
5. Coleby Frye, 36 points. Coleby also took an 0fer this weekend.
7. Dylan Yoder*, 34 Points. Dylan had a scoreless weekend as well.
8. Jared Miley****, 33 points. Jared got the win at PPMS Saturday.
8. Matt Cosner**, 33 points. Matt scored zero points this week.
10. Doug Eck**, 32 points. Doug got the win at Thunder Mountain Friday night.
And that's the top ten for this week. Check back next week to see how your favorite did after this coming weekend's action.