Monday, June 5, 2017
2017 Pennsylvania Super Late Model Power Rankings: Week 11
Hey there race fans, it;s Monday, so that means it's time for me to give the weekly update to these rankings. I know it's a little later in the day than I usually do it, but the fact of the matter is that I actually had to work a Monday in the first time in like a year, so evening update it is. I don't know how any of you work Mondays, it's seriously no fun.
This week saw a lot of movement, as most tracks that had shows scheduled got their shows in. Eriez and Path Valley rained out Sunday night. Roaring Knob even ran supers this week, tough I could only find the top two finishers anywhere. If somebody could get me the rest of the results that would be amazing.
There's a full slate of shows scheduled this coming weekend, including two more Appalachian Mountain Speedweek shows, and preliminary weather forecasts aren't great, but they're not terrible either.You should get out and see one of them. Don't you know the smell of racing gas and dust in your beer is the key to a long, fruitful life?
But I digress, Jeff Rine is still very much in command of this thing, and boosted that with a win and and a third in AMS action. Alex Ferree is starting to heat up, though, and with the Firecracker looming at his home track and all the points up for grabs over the three shows that weekend, if he gets some solid runs he could absolutely close that gap in a hurry, as Jeff Rine will very likely not be in attendance for those shows.
Let's see who is behind those two to make up the rest of the top ten.
1. Jeff Rine*****, 56 points. Jeff ran third at Susquehanna Thursday and picked up the win at Port Royal Saturday.
2. Alex Ferree***, 35 points. Alex got the win at Dog Hollow Friday and backed it up with another victory at Marion Center Saturday.
3. Chad Hollenbeck**, 25 points. Chad went scoreless this week.
3. Coleby Frye, 25 points. Coleby ran fifth at Port Royal Saturday.
5. Matt Cosner*, 23 points. Matt took an 0fer this weekend.
6. Michael Lake***, 21 points. Michael was first under the checkers at Roaring Knob Saturday.
7. Max Blair*, 20 points. Max was also scoreless this week.
8. Gregg Satterlee*, 19 points. Gregg also scored zero points this week.
9. Charlie Powell**, 17 points. Charlie failed to score any points this week.
9. Dave Hess Jr. **, 17 points. Dave batted .000 this weekend, too.
10. Doug Eck*, 16 points. Doug got a second at Thunder Mountain Friday.
And that's the top ten for this week. Make sure you check back next week to find out how your favorite fared!