Monday, June 12, 2017
2017 Pennsylania Super Late Model Power Rankings: Week 12
Hey there folks, time for the weekly update to these rankings.It's back to normal because hockey season is over and I didn't have to work today like I did last week. For that matter, I don't have to work tomorrow either because I have a doctor's appointment, so one could say life is pretty good right now.
But I digress, this week's poll marks three months deep for this season and this season is in full swing, so lots of points are being cored each week. The scoring part I have to do before I do this each week is taking a little more time each week, and that's a good thing for the rankings. the drivers having great seasons are definitely rising towards the top, and that's really all I can ask of this thing, because the whole point is to find out who had the best super late model season in the state of Pennsylvania.
This week, just about every track that had shows scheduled got them in. Only Thunder Mountain (rain) and Marion Center (technical difficulties, apparently) were forced to cancel. Everybody else got their shows in, including Williams Grove and Selinsgrove, who wrapped up Apppalachian Mountain Speedweek (and Jeff Rine won the title for that, continuing his amazing 2017 season).
That said, let's get to this week's top ten.
1. Jeff Rine*******, 67 points. Jeff got a second Friday night at Williams Grove, and picked up the win Saturday at Selinsgrove.
2. Alex Ferree***, 39 points. Alex came home second at Lernerville Friday.
3. Matt Cosner*, 27 points. Matt ran third at Selinsgrove Saturday.
4. Michael Lake****, 26 points. Michael was first under the checkers at Dog Hollow Friday.
5. Chad Hollenbeck**, 25 points. Chad went scoreless this week.
5. Coleby Frye, 25 points. Coleby also took an 0fer this weekend.
7. Rick Eckert**, 21 points. Rick got the win Friday at Williams Grove, and came home second at Selinsgrove Saturday.
8. Dave Hess Jr**, 20 Points. Dave ran third at Eriez Sunday.
8. Max Blair*, 20 points. Max went scoreless this week.
10. Gregg Satterlee*, 19 points. Greg also went without scoring points this week.
And that's the top ten for this week. Looks to me like Jeff Rine has an almost insurmountable lead at this point, but the Firecracker 100 is just about upon us, and a crapton of points are up for grabs that weekend. Somebody like Ferree or Lake has a grat Friecracker weekend could tighten this thing up quite a bit. Unless, of course, Mr. Rine ventures west to try his hand at 30k and has himself a good weekend.
In any event, as I mentioned, the state's biggest late model event is just about upon us. If you're a late model fan and you're not at Lernerville June 22-24, you're missing out. If you do plan on going and haven't got your tickets yet, you can still hook up the pre-order package here.
Have a great week and hope you get to see some fantastic racing next weekend.