Tuesday, May 30, 2017
2017 Pennsylvania Super Late Model Power Rankings: Week 10.
Hey there folks. It's Tuesday, so that means I gotta update these here rankings. I know, I know, usually it's Monday that I do this, but I figured with holiday cookouts and game one of the Stanley Cup Finals taking up an awful lot of your attention spans yesterday that it'd be best to hold this off until today.
Anyways, good solid weekend of racing action with just a couple of rainouts despite the rain this past weekend in PA. The tracks that did rain out were Dog Hollow and Eriez, who were both scheduled to run Sunday night. Bedford and Port Royal had higher paying specials (3k and 4k, respectively).
That shook these rankings up quite a bit, although Jeff Rine still has quite the commanding lead. The pack is tightening up behind him for sure, though, and with all the specials coming up in June, quite a bit of points are on the line, and an especially hot run from one of those chasers dung the PA shows of AMS or at the Firecracker at the end of the month could close the gap up quick. It'll be fun to see how this all goes.
That said, let's get to see who the top ten are this week.
1. Jeff Rine****, 46 points. Jeff ran second at Bedford Friday and came home third at Port Royal Saturday.
2. Chad Hollenbeck**, 25 points. Chad was first under the checkers Friday at Bedford.
2. Alex Ferree*, 25 points. Alex got a second at Marion Center Saturday.
4. Coleby Frye, 23 points. Coleby ran second at Port Royal Saturday.
4. Matt Cosner*, 23 points. Matt ran fifth at Bedford Friday and fourth at Port Royal Saturday.
6. Max Blair*, 20 points. Max went scoreless this week.
7. Gregg Satterlee*, 19 points. Gregg also took an 0fer this weekend.
8. Charlie Powell**, 17 points. Charlie took the win at Thunder Mountain Friday, and got a third at Marion Center Saturday.
8. Dave Hess Jr.*, 17 points. Dave had a scoreless weekend.
10. Michael Lake*, 16 points. Michael was also held without a point this week.
And that's the top ten for this week. Check back next Monday to see what happens after this coming week's action. BTW, speaking of this coming weekend, my birthday is Saturday, so that means you should buy me stuff. I'll be turning 40, so items that would fit with my impending midlife crisis would be much appreciated. Please and thank you.