Monday, August 22, 2016
The TDN Weekly Super Late Model Power Poll: Week 16
Hey there folks. Tis' Monday, so that means it's time I gotta update these here rankings. The regular season is winding down, as fall approaches we have just two more scoing weeks left before we determine who had the best season in a super late model in Pennsylvania. What seemed like a sure lock for Max Blair just a week ago isn't so sure anymore, because Max didn't score any points this past weekend. That moved Ferree and Rine back into contention, because they both had good finishes this week. It'll be fun to see what develops in the next two weeks.
This weekend was one that didn't see a whole lot of points scored, because Lernerville, Marion Center, and Eriez rained out and Dog Hollow again had the week off for improvements. Everybody else got their show in, though I could only find the top two at Roaring Knob to score their points. If I manage to find out who else was in their top five from this past Saturday, I'll update the rankings accordingly.
Bedford had a raised purse special, so they got scored on my less than 5k special points scale.
All that said, let's get to the rankings.
1. Max Blair*******, 73 points. Max didn't score any points this week. In non scoring action, he got a second at Stateline on Saturday.
2. Alex Ferree******, 65 points. Alex picked up the win at PPMS Saturday.
3. Jeff Rine*****, 60 points. Jeff got a second at Selinsgrove Saturday. In non socring action, he got a seventh at Bedford Friday.
4. Russ King**, 51 points. Russ didn't score any points this week. With Friday's rainout, he did clinch the super late model points title at Lernerville though.
5. Jared Miley****, 47 points. Jared didn't score any points this week. Didn't see his name in any results anywhere this weekend.
6. Dylan Yoder******, 42 points. Dylan didn't score any points this week. In non-scoring action, he picked up the win at Clinton County Friday night.
7. Rob Blair****, 41 points. Rob didn't score any points this week. In non -scoring action, he ran fifth at Stateline Saturday.
8. Andy Haus**, 38 points. Andy ran third at Bedford Friday and Fourth at Port Royal on Saturday.
9. Joe Martin**, 35 points. Joe didn't score any points this week. Didn't see his name in any results anywhere, either.
10. Matt Cosner****, 31 points. Matt picked up the win at Bedford Friday. In nons-scoring action, he was eleneth under the checkers at Hagerstown Saturday.
10. Michael Norris**, 31 points. Michael didn't score any points this weekend. I didn't see his name in any results, either.
And that's the top ten for this week. It'll be fun to see how this all shakes out over the last woo weeks of the regular season.
A few of us made the trek down to Tyler County Speedway this past weekend. It was a fantastic time, and I have to commend them for trying so very hard to get the show in despite persistent rain and less than ideal track conditions. We will defnitely be returning sometime, but it likely wont be this year. We'll check the 2017 schedule when it comes out and find a good weekend to come down.
See yinz jags next week.