Monday, August 31, 2015
The TDN Weekly Super Late Model Power Poll: The Last Week
Hey kids, it's Monday night and that means It's time for me to update my rankings. This is the last update to the rankings for 2015, as just about every track that I score has finished up point racing for 2015. The format this weekly will be roughly the same as previous weeks this season, but I'll post the full point totals from this season.
Obviously, from the picture above, Jeff Rine scored the most points this season, and therefore is the champion for 2015. He was in the mix straight away, and over the last month or so, pulled strongly into the lead and never looked back. Not surprisingly, along the way he also picked up the most scoring feature wins out of anybody on the poll, with six. He's been very, very good at his weekly haunts, Bedford and Selinsgrove, usually finishing in the top five on the nights he didn't win.
That said, all the tracks got scoring shows in except Bedford and Roaring Knob, who didn't run supers this week. I was also able to update Roaring Knob's results from last week, and those totals are tallied with this week's points.
Now let's get to them points.
1. Jeff Rine******, 55 points. Jeff won at Selinsgrove Saturday for his points this week.
2. Max Blair*****, 40 points. Max won at Marion Center this week for his points.
3. Scott Rhodes**, 39 points. Scott's points came from a third at Dog Hollow Friday this week.
4. Dwayne Tanneyhill***, 37 points. Dwayne ran second at Dog Hollow for his points this week.
5. Clate Copeman****, 34 points. Clate went scoreless this week.
6. Mike Blose**, 33 points. Mike also went scoreless this week.
7. Alex Ferree***, 32 points. Alex put up a goose egg this week.
7. DJ Troutman**, 32 points. DJ also had a scoreless week.
9. Coleby Frye*****, 30 points. Coleby ran second at Selinsgrove Saturday for his points this week.
10. Tim Senic***, 29 points. Tim ran second at Roaring Knob last week for his points this week.
And now, the best of the rest...
11. Greg Oakes, 28 points.
12. Mike Altobelli Jr.**, 26 points.
13. Dylan Yoder*, Darrell Bossard, 25 points.
15. Kenny Schaltenbrand*, Robbie Blair***, Steve Campbell***, Doug Glessner**, 23 points.
19. Mike Pegher Jr.**, 22 points.
20. Matt Lux*, Jared Miley*, Shawn Claar, 21 points.
23. Billy Holbert*, Michael Norris**, 20 points.
25. Jim Yoder*, 19 points.
26. Matt Cochran, Andy Haus**, 18 points.
28. Chris Hackett*, Tim Smith Jr. **, Dave Blazavich, Doug Eck**, Mike Lupfer*, 17 points.
33. Matt Parks*, Matt Sponaugle*, Jason Schmidt*, 16 points.
36. Gary Dalton*, Rich Gardner*, Mel Minnick Jr. **, 15 points.
39. Chad Wright**, Russ King**, 14 points.
41. Dan Stone*, Gene Knaub*, Wally Fox*, Matt Cosner*, 13 points.
45. Bumpy Hedman*, 12 points.
46. Trent Brenneman, Dave Zona, Devin Friese*, 11 points.
49. Cody Hardesty*, Chad McClellan**, Chad Hollenbeck*, Mitch Hack, 10 points.
53. John Flinner*, Billy Eash, Mike Knight, 9 points.
56. Matt Urban, Chase Jughans*, 8 points.
58. Tim Wilson, Bobby Rorher*, Hayes Mattern, John Garvin, 7 points.
62. Chuck Clise, Rick Singleton, Rod Phillps, Dane Laraway, Michael Lake, Bob Gordon, 6 points.
68. Ken Trevitz, Andrew Gordon, Wayne Johnson, Quintin Wyandt, Jeff Miller*, Tony Musolino*, Joe Petyak, Gary Lyle, 5 points.
76. John Over, Tommy Beck, Ed Ferree, George Lee, John Lacki, Dan Swartzlander, Dave Troutman, Chub Frank, Ron Delano Jr., 4 points.
85. Eric Zembower, Chuck Sarver, DJ Myers, John Britsky, Darrell Lanigan, Dan Angelichio, Bryan Bernheisel, Chris Casner, Danny Snyder, Andy Fries, John Volpe, 3 points.
96. Robbie Scott, Tony Adams, Bob Hershman, Ryan Scott, Andy Boozel, Jerry Redden, Jason Dupont, Nick Dickson, Johnny Mollick, 2 points.
105. Tony Burke, Shane Hitt, Steve Kania, Andrew Wylie, John Lobb, John Myers, Mitch Hack, Chris Rhodes, Dan Lee, Brett Schadel, Robbie Black, 1 point.
And that's all 115 drivers that scored points this year. It's been a fun year that was pretty competitive and saw a few first time winners. I had a lot of fun doing this poll, and it'll be back next year with some yet to be determined changes.
I always enjoy when this poll finishes up every year, because tallying the stats and seeing over a hundred names on it makes me realize that maybe things aren't as bad as they seem when it comes to the talk of doom and gloom on the local racing scene. There's at least 100 guys that had at east one top five this year. At only 8 tracks. That's pretty solid, I think.
But it also makes me sad. The racing season is quickly coming to an end, and I'm not going to get a chance to go to many more races this year. In fact, I only have two more races I plan on hitting. The Firecracker this weekend, and the Stampede in October. That's it.
Oh well, have fun the rest of the racing year, and if you see me at one of those two races, make sure to say what's up. I always enjoy meeting fellow race fans.
Until next we speak....