Monday, August 3, 2015
The TDN Weekly Super Late Model Power Poll: Week 13
I believe this week was the first week that all eight tracks I tabulate for this poll ran a regular weekly show. No rainouts and no specials, but the late model features were completed. Even more amazing, all eight tracks also got their results updated in a timely manner (BRAVO!), so there's no holdover points or anything.
As the picture above indicates, we got a new sheriff in town this week atop the poll. Early season favorite Clate Copeman seems to have just stopped racing (which he also did last year after a wicked hot start), and last week's point leader Mike Blose didn't run any scoring shows, opting to run Thunder Mountain with the steel blocks instead of typical weekly haunt Dog Hollow on Friday, and I didn't see his name anywhere on Saturday.
Anyways, let's get to the new rankings.
1. Jeff Rine***, 34 Points. Jeff takes the top spot on this week's poll with a fourth at Bedford Friday, and a third at Selinsgrove Saturday.
2. Mike Blose**, 33 points. As mentioned above, Mike scoered zero points this week.
3. Clate Copeman****, 30 points. Clate's midseason disappearing act netted him zero points this week.
3. Scott Rhodes**, 30 points. Scott's points this week came from a second at Dog Hollow Friday night.
3. Max Blair***, 30 points. Max took a third at Eriez Sunday for his points this week.
6. DJ Troutman**, 26 points. DJ went scoreless this week.
7. Alex Ferree**, 24 Points. Alex took the checkers at Lernerville Friday for his points. this week.
8. Dwayne Tanneyhill*, 23 points. Dwayne came home third at Dog Hollow for his points this week.
9. Dylan Yoder*, 21 points. Dylan got a second at Bedford Friday, and a fourth at Selinsgriove Saturday for his points this week.
10. Greg Oakes, 20 points. Greg took a fourth at Eriez Sunday for his points this week.
10. Darrell Bossard, 20 points. Darrell earned his points with a second at Eriez Sunday.
10. Tim Senic**, 20 points. Tim came home second at Roaring Knob Saturday for his points this week.
10. Mike Altobelli Jr.**, 20 points. Mike got the win at Dog Hollow Friday night for his points this week.
And that's first ten name on my spreadsheet this week. Okay, I know, It's thirteen names, but ties and what not. Some new names amongst the top ten, and that's always exciting. We'll see what happens for next week. Maybe we'll see even more new names then!
Anyways, may the dirt in your beer stay icy cold and the racing hotter than the sun.