Thursday, August 6, 2015
Predictions, Predictions, Predictions...
Vegas bookies like to list odds...which is all well and good. Except they're never wrong when they do that. If a favorite wins, sure, they might look good. But they're never wrong. By giving Stewart Friesen that 100-1 chance that he'd find victory lane at Ohsweken's World of Outlaws show, they left an inkling of a chance that they would be right. So if he finishes a mere 10th, "We told you so". Be it by luck or fate that he wins the $10,000 check, "Hey, we still weren't wrong. We gave him a shot".
That's not what these predictions are about. Odds? Who needs odds? If things go as planned, you can look back at this article on Monday morning and see that we straight-up told you what was going to happen.
With that said, here are some predictions that you can take to the bank this weekend.
1. 3 of the Top 5 finishers in the 360 Nationals will be in the Top 10 in Knoxville 360 point standings
2. Wayne Johnson is the only driver in the ASCS Points (Top 10) that will finish in the Top 5 on Saturday
3. Jonathan Davenport will not lead a lap and finish outside the Top 5 in Florence's North/South 100
4. The winner of Port Royal's Living Legends Dream race will be either Greg Hodnett or Aaron Ott
5. Donny Schatz will win 1 of the 2 features at I-55 this weekend, and finish 2nd in the other one
6. The Top 5 finishers of the North/South 100 will consist of all Lucas Oil series regulars
7. Sunday's Capitani Classic at Knoxville will be won by a WoO touring driver