Monday, June 29, 2015
The TDN Weekly Super Late Model Power Poll: Week 8
Hey there race fans. You ain't tripping, I did skip a week of these because rain and the Firecracker, but I'm back this week. Rain was still very much an issue this past weekend, as Dog Hollow was the only scoring track to get a show in (and they had two regular weekly features, so they both count) this week, and last week Lenerville and Eriez got their shows in (Dog Hollow ran, too, but it was a special, so it didn't count either), for the only points that will be added to these totals since the last installment.
I know, I know, Lernerville got two of three features in, but by the rules of this poll, those WoO features do not count. I'm trying to get a feel for the best weekly racer in Pennsylvania with this deal.That said, I was at Lernerville, and was impressed by the locals. They weren't taking any mess, particularly Jared Miley. I'm already looking forward to September, and my prediction of Jared Miley shocking the world by winning the Firecracker just might come through.
Anyways, I digress. Let's get to the reason ya'll read these things. The rankings. I've added a running tally of feature wins that count towards this poll. After each driver's total points, there will be a star for each scoring feature they have won.
1. Clate Copeman, 30**** points. Clate scored his points this week with a third and a fourth in Dog Hollow's two features Friday/
2. Mike Blose, 27** points. Mike also scored his points at Dog Hollow, amazingly enough with a third and fourth in their two features.
3. Scott Rhodes, 17* points. Scott had a fantastic night at Dog Hollow and won one of the features and got a second in the other one Friday night for his points this week.
4. DJ Troutman, 16* points. DJ didn't score any points this week.
4. Alex Ferree, 16* points. Alex won the feature at Lernerville last Friday for his points this week.
6. Dylan Yoder, 15* points. Dyaln went scoreless this week, too.
6. Jim Yoder, 15* points. Jim also put up a goose egg this week.
8. Dwayne Tanneyhill, 14* points. Dwayne scored a point this week with a fifth in one of Dog Hollow's features (and got sixth in the other one)
8. Russ King, 14** points. Russ' points this week came from his second at Lernerville last week.
8. Jeff Rine, 14** points. Jeff also struck out this week.
And that's the first ten names on the spreadsheet I keep for this poll. Let's hope we get some racing in the week so this poll can get exciting again, ya know?