TDN

TDN

Monday, August 25, 2014

Western Pennsylvania Super Late Model Power Poll: Week 17



 Hey there folks. Tis' Monday evening, so that means it's time for me to update the rankings for this week. It's the second to last scoring week for this season and things have tightened up significantly, as evidenced by the picture heading up this week's writeup. 

This past weekend, Lernerville was the only one of the Friday night tracks that got their show in, although technically it didn't finish until early Saturday morning after a lengthy rain delay. Dog Hollow rained out and Bedford didn't run super lates this week. 

Saturday night, all three tracks that are currently scoring tracks, PPMS, Roaring Knob, and Marion Center got their shows in. The lone Sunday track, Eriez, also got their show in. 

That said, let's get to some rankings. 

1. Mike Blose, 67 points. Mike picked up his points this week via a third place finish at Marion Center Saturday night. I imagine he would have picked up more points had Dog Hollow managed to get their show in on Friday. Those points would have been vital for these rankings.

1. Alex Ferree, 67 points. Alex pulled back into a tie for the lead with a win Saturday night at PPMS. He was in attendance at the twenty four hours of Lernerville, but apparently destroyed his car and end up a DNS for the feature. What happens next weekend is going to be super interesting. 

2. Duane Stiner, 47 points. Duane didn't score any points this week. Only place I saw his name in any results was Tyler County for their big special. He came home eighteenth.

3. Max Blair, 41 points. Max moves into the top three and past his father with a win Sunday night at Eriez. He also won the crate feature that night. He's having a great season in both cars this year. I didn't see his name anywhere else all weekend though.

4. Rob Blair, 39 points. Rob picked up his points this week with a fourth at Eriez Sunday. I didn't see his name anywhere else this weekend.

5. Doug Glessner, 38 points. Doug got a win Saturday night at Marion Center to pick up his points for the week. I didn't see his name in any other results. 

6. Clate Copeman, 38 points. Clate didn't score any points this week. I didn't see his name in any results anywhere this week. I haven't seen his name in any results anywhere for a month or so. I hope everything is alright with him. 

7. Luke Hoffner, 31 points. Luke didn't score any points this week, as expected. His only scoring track shuttered. He did run Clinton County Friday night, though and came home sixth.

8. Jared Miley, 29 points. Jared didn't score any points this past weekend. He was in attendance at Lernerville Friday, but was also a DNS. I believe he left during the rain delay. I saw his name in results at Tyler County Saturday, where he finished sixteenth. 

8. Kenny Schaltenbrand, 29 points. Kenny had a fantastic weekend, running second at Lernerville Friday and again on Saturday at Marion Center to make his way into the top ten on these rankings. I am a huge Kenny Schaltenbrand fan, so this makes me very happy.

 And that's the top ten for this week. Next week is the last week for this poll, and for the first time all season, I'll be revealing the entire point total from everybody who scored points by my rules this year. It's a surprisingly long list. Good thing I'll have all day Monday to write it because I won't have to work due to Labor Day.

I'll see ya dirt heads next Monday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment