Monday, June 16, 2014
Western Pennsylvania Super Late Model Power Poll: Week 7
Hey there folks, it's Monday evening, so that means it's time for me to update the weekly standings for ya. This week, Dog Hollow and Bedford both rained out, so no points were scored at either track. The rest of the scoring tracks all got their shows in, and none of them had a special touring or raised purse show or anything. That said, let's get to the standings.
1. Alex Ferree, 29 points. Alex Remains at the top of the standings based on his win at Lernerville, that guaranteed him a starting spot in next week's Firecracker yet again. It seems he's had a guaranteed spot damn near every year of the Firecracker. In other weekend action, he came home fifth at PPMS Saturday night.
2. Clate Copeman, 25 points. Clate moves down from the top spot, but not by much, only losing one spot. He came home fourth at Marion Center Saturday night. I'd have to think he's have scored more points if Dog Hollow managed to get their show in.
3. Max Blair, 22 points. Max had an incredible weekend, winning at both McKean County and Eriez. I said last week that I doubted he'd remain near the top of these standings for long because he tours with the NDRL. I take that back a little. Yes, he'll miss some time with the NDRL, but if he keeps winning when he is around, I see no reason why he can't stay near the top all season long.
4. Rob Blair, 21 points. Rob follows his son in the standings by one, much int he same way they finished Sunday night at Eriez. He had some issues Saturday night at Mckean preventing him from scoring any points there.
5. Russ King, 18 points. Russ didn't score any points this week but remains near the top of the standings based on previous finishes. He did race at Lernerville Friday though, coming home tenth.
6. Duane Stiner, 17 points. Duane also went this weekend scoreless, running sixth at AMP.
7. Mike Blose, 16 points. In a recurring theme, Mike didn't score any points this weekend either. He ran Marion Center Saturday but was a DNS for the feature.
7. Ron Delano, 16 points. Yet another driver who didn't score any points this week is Ron Delano. He ran Roaring Knob Saturday night, though, coming home a disappointing sixteenth.
8. Luke Hoffner, 15 points. Luke come home second at AMP Saturday night, keeping him in the top ten of these standings.
9. Shawn Claar, 14 points. Shawn came home second at Marion Center, moving him into these standings for the first time this year. I'd have to think he would have scored more points this week if Dog Hollow managed to get the show in Friday.
9. Jared Miley, 14 points. Jared won Saturday night at PPMS moving him into the top ten. He's had a rather quiet season up until a couple weeks ago, but it seems like he's heating up. Good timing, too, with the Firecracker on the horizon.
That's it for this week folks. See ya next Monday.